Saturday morning ‘Block Bookings’ are your chance to book some time for you and a group to come and learn together. (Read on below for smaller groups)
- Team building and social events
- Stag and hen parties
- Just you and some friends…..
Saturday mornings from May through to September are allocated exclusively to ‘block bookings’. We can cater for groups of between four and ten per boat for the four hour session! Generally groups of eight to ten work very well though.
Block bookings provide a fantastic way to learn how to wakeboard or waterski in your own time without the pressure of lots of onlookers!
It all works as outlined below and if you are interested in organising a block booking and hiring a boat for a Saturday morning or indeed have any queries please use the ‘Contact’ page and our coordinator John will phone you back.
Equipment, including wetsuits, wakeboards and skis are available for free loan as well as instruction for beginners to intermediate level – there are no hidden charges or hire fees. Just bring a towel, change of clothes, refreshments and a camera! (and perhaps BBQ coals if you are staying on for the day).
- Where: Theale Water Sports Club RG30 3TA. We will give you the current gate code
- When: Saturday mornings 9AM to 1PM. Stay on in the afternoon to have a picnic/bbq if you wish or pay for extra tows at visitor rates of £22 (fitted in between member tows).
- A £100 non refundable deposit is required to secure any booking. The remainder must be paid by the Monday prior to the booking.
- Your hire of a boat and driver/instructor from 9.30 -1pm will cost of £250 all in.
- Your group will have sole use of one boat, however, it is up to you to arrange your group and decide on each persons’ time on the water.
- Note that free land training for the beginners in your group starts at 9am.
Individuals can purchase visitor tickets at the discounted price of £22 to have further tows in the afternoon.
- For ‘Smaller Groups’ who do not need a Saturday morning, we offer the 20% individual tow discount (i.e.£22) at the other times we are open and you are fitted in between member tows.
Cost by tow: £22 per tow per person, when pre-paid by bank transfer which helps us better organise our volunteer drivers and instructors and represents nearly a 20% discount. It is inclusive of wetsuit, skis or wakeboard, instruction, etc
If you want to go ahead and book your own private lake session or organise a group wakeboarding /water-skiing party then use the ‘Contact’ page elsewhere on this website
To help organise your group or gather interest please request a TWSC Block Booking Poster for your noticeboard. It is in ‘Word’ so can be cribbed to circulate its text in an email etc. and you can let them all know how it works in one go!
An example is > here
More details on group bookings to view or print off > here