‘Block bookings’ are your chance to book some time for you and a group to come and learn together. Unfortunately for the time being we have had to suspend this facility due to Covid19 but please read on for future reference when all is clear.
- Team building and social events
- Stag and hen parties
- Just you and some friends…..
It can be quite intimidating to learn at a location where there are a lot of other people around watching you so our block bookings provide a fantastic way to learn how to wakeboard or waterski in your own time without the pressure of lots of onlookers!
Saturday mornings from May through to September are allocated exclusively to ‘block bookings’. We can cater for groups of between four and twenty four, in the latter case you would have the entire lake to yourselves for the four hour session! Generally groups of eight to twelve work very well though as they will each be allocated their ‘own’ boat for the morning, however we can ‘assemble’ smaller groups too – see also below for more options.
Equipment, including wetsuits, wakeboards and skis are available for free loan as well as instruction for beginners to intermediate level – there are no hidden charges or hire fees. Just bring a towel, change of clothes, refreshments and a camera! (and perhaps BBQ coals if you are staying on for the day).
- Where: Theale Water Sports Club RG30 3TA
- When: Saturday mornings 9AM to 1PM. Stay on in the afternoon to have a picnic/bbq if you wish or pay for extra tows at visitor rates (between member tows).
- Cost by tow: £22 per tow per person, when booked and pre-paid by bank transfer, representing nearly 20% discount and is inclusive of wetsuit, skis or wakeboard, instruction, etc
- A deposit is required to secure any booking. The remainder must be paid by the Monday prior to the booking
- There is a more simple alternative many find useful, namely, sole use of one boat and driver/instructor from 9.30 -1pm at a cost of £250 which is payable at time of booking. Many prefer this option as you can decide on each persons time on the water.
- Note that free land training for beginners in your group starts at 9am.
We offer the 20% individual tow discount because if sessions are booked and paid prior to the day, this helps us better organise our drivers and instructors.
Individuals purchasing tickets at the discounted price may have further tows on the day at the same price.
If you want to go ahead and book your own private lake session or organise a group wakeboarding /water-skiing party then use the ‘Contact’ page elsewhere on this website
(Sorry not available at present due to Covid 19 any queries please use ‘Contact’ page in the main menu)
To help organise your group or gather interest please request a TWSC Block Booking Poster for your noticeboard . It is in ‘Word’ so can be cribbed to circulate its text in an email etc. and let them all know how it works in one go!. An example is > here
More details on group bookings to view or print off > here