Do you have your own boat and find it hard to get time on the water at lakes around Berkshire?
Having looked around many of the private boat lakes ourselves it is really hard to find decent stretches of water on which you can use you own boat without booking time slots a long time in advance.
TWSC offers a private boat membership scheme which you will probably find more suitable if you live in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire or even West London.
Private membership details and benefits include:
- You do not have to book times in advance, just turn up let yourself in. Keys for clubhouse are available – deposit required though!
- Private boat members can use their boats on the lake every day during the week up until 6pm.
- You can also use your boats before 9am and after 7pm on the weekends.
- View the Summary chart to see apportionment of times the lake is available to all members
- Usually weekdays are quiet so there’s not often contention for time on the water
- The club allows three boats operating on the water at any time. There is dock space for six or can use an anchor, however, unusual to see even three!
- A club rule is that all tows must start and end at the dock – no changing over tows out in the lake allowed. (i.e. no lake hogging!!)
- You can leave your boat moored on one of our buoys in the middle of the lake for as long as you like, we have a tender to reach it. (Not suitable for outboard powered boats though)
- As a member you can have tows behind the club boats at member rates if you want to get on the water any time outside the private boat member times.
- There’s a really nice, small community of private boat members to meet.
Private boat membership is very limited. If you are interested in becoming a private boat member please read the website carefully to check suitability (e.g. Usage times) then use the Contact Us page to give details of your location, boat, etc. and we will contact you.